Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ngau Kee Beef Noodles, Tengkat Tong Shin, KL

Last day of our trip - we religiously googled the day before using crappy Malaysian wifi and finally found this one place that might be worth our calories - Ngau Kee Beef Noodles was 5 minutes away from our hotel. We were superbly grateful that this place was open for breakfast!!

Heard raving reviews about their dry beef noodles, so that was what we had - I had one with mixed beef stuff and Bunny had just the beef balls (meatballs mind you).

I had a small bowl, and even so this filled me up sufficiently. Bear had a medium, and looked a lot more substantially noodley ( I was struggling to finish).

What can I say - these were absolutely MINDBLOWINGLY HEAVENLY. God awesome. The dry noodles came with copious amounts of minced beef (some say it's pork but didn't taste like pork at all. Maybe kurobuta) steeped in this dark flavourful sauce. And that was it - the noodles by themselves were just that simple! Add a little (I added a lot) chili flakes and it was just subliimmmee. Supremely oily mind you but so godlike and flavourful, thank goodness we found this place!

The minced bork/peef? sauce was really good I thought - and there was a lot of it to properly coat your noodles with for that ideal sauce-noodle ratio. As Bear mentioned, this is one very oily (and therefore yummy!) dish - but how else is one supposed to start the day off?! :D

I really liked the handmade beef balls - they were firm to the bite and dense with beefy goodness, without too much of the non-meat nonsense they usually mix in to produce a fake bounce.

I had mine with mixed beef stuff in them - it was alright, nothing to write home about. The real shiznit was still in the noodles themselves and the beef balls.

From Google : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ngau+kee+beef+noodles

Rating (out of 4) :

1 comment:

  1. Hi bear and bunny, could I use one of these pics for our insider tips to KL on Latitudes.nu? Please let me know at info@latitudes.nu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...